Pirker’s NaturE- & Bio Family hotel
Arrival by train
We want to give you a vacation with the smallest possible carbon footprint. However, it’s not just about the accommodation, but also about the journey. That’s why we recommend traveling by train. If you are planning a vacation without a car for the sake of the environment, you have the option of booking an e-car from the municipality of Malta for day trips or by the hour. Please remember to plan the booking of the e-car before you arrive, so that we can make sure that we can book appointments in good time. We will be happy to help you with the reservation and processing.
- The nearest bus stop is 2.5 km from the hotel. The cycle path leads directly there from the hotel.
- From May to September it is possible to hire a city bike (with or without child seat) for a fee.
- Here you can find the timetable of the bus line: Kärntner Linien
Transfer from the station:
From Vienna, for example, take the climate-friendly Railjet to Spittal/Millstättersee station. The journey from Spittal train station to the Lieser and Malta valleys takes approx. 20 minutes by car. The journey time from Spittal train station to the hotel is 30 minutes by car with the chargeable shuttle transfer. Carinthia transfer bookings here.
Arrival at Pirker’s
ARRIVAL BY CAR
- By car from South Tyrol: Via Innichen – Lienz – Lendorf onto the highway and in the direction of Gmünd – leave the highway here and drive in the direction of Maltatal (from Gmünd to our hotel it is 14 km). When you reach the end of Malta, continue for another 8 km to the hotel.
- By car from Salzburg: Take the A10 Tauernautobahn to the Gmünd exit (approx. 16 km after the Katschberg tunnel). Coming from the highway, drive in the direction of Maltatal to Malta (approx. 6 km). Once you reach the end of Malta, continue for another 8 km to the hotel. Your vacation home is located 8 km outside the village of Malta in an idyllic secluded location.
- By car from Vienna: Take the A2 highway from Vienna in the direction of Graz and then continue in the direction of Villach. In Villach continue on the A10 in the direction of Spittal/Drau. Continue on the highway from Spittal to the highway exit to Gmünd/Carinthia and on into the Malta Valley.
- Arrival by electric car: We have an electric charging station for TESLA and other common electric vehicles (TESLA charging station type 2). We charge € 4 per hour for charging. You can find other charging stations in the area in Gmünd, Malta, Kölnbreinsperre and Spittal/Drau.
ARRIVAL BY PLANE
Airport transfer: The transfer drivers will be happy to pick you up from Klagenfurt or Salzburg airport and take you directly to your vacation home, Pirker’s Nature & Bio Family Hotel. Online transfer order from Klagenfurt or online transfer order from Salzburg
To be more flexible at the resort, a rental car can be hired at the airport. We are located 8 km outside the town of Malta and have no direct bus connection to the hotel. You can find car rental companies in the area for your flexible vacation here:
Location – The idyll around Pirker’s
- Waterfalls that playfully make their way through rocky terrain, especially in spring.
- Familiar nature, where the first rays of summer sunshine fall through the treetops and scent the forest floor beneath your feet.
- Ripe berries to sweeten your fall day.
- Deep breaths full of anticipation for the first winter descent down a freshly snow-covered ski route.
- Regional food that is as honest as the laughter of the host who prepares it.
- A gentle immersion in the magnificent mountain world that lets you breathe deeply and pause for a moment.
- Soothing silence that accompanies you on long walks on balmy evenings.
- Peacefulness that leads to deep mindfulness and reminds you that today is only determined by you.
- Tiny beads of sweat that slowly form on your face after every kilometer you walk or cycle.
- Sustainable insights and enjoyable moments in organic quality.
- Warm-hearted people, developing friendships and unforgettable time out with family, partner or friends.